Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Oreo Buttercream

This will be a pretty quick post because we are just gonna talk about buttercream. I will also link this to the black cocoa cake if  you aren't wanting to just eat straight up buttercream with a spoon. No judgement if that IS what you want. I've done it a time or two myself.

For the Buttercream
3 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
Innards of 12 regular Oreos
4 c powdered sugar
Crushed Oreo shells
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
*optional, a splash of heavy cream

1. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and Oreo innards.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together powdered sugar and crushed Oreo shells.
3. Slowly start to incorporate powdered sugar mixture into the butter mixture.
4. Add vanilla and salt and mix to incorporate.
5. At this point, you can add a little heavy cream if you want to loosen it up a bit, but I didn't.

These are what the cupcakes look like with the black cocoa recipe. Pure Oreo cookie bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gluten Free Brownies

This recipe is riffing off of a flourless chocolate cake recipe I have used in the past. So, like duh, it's already, gluten free, but I ...