Friday, June 12, 2020

Fudgy Brownies

People who like cakey brownies are wrong. There, I said it. If you want a cakey brownie, eat some
freaking cake. I feel better now with that off my chest. So, if you're wondering what kind of brownies these are (and you didn't read the title), now I am sure we are all on the same page. Brownies are a crowd pleaser for even the pickiest of dessert people. Another great thing about brownies- one bowl, no mixer, less clean up!

For the Batter:
1 stick unsalted butter
8 oz chocolate chips (you're really going to use the whole 12 oz bag, but 2/3 of it for now)
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
3 eggs
1/2 c flour
1/4 c cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract 
4 oz chocolate chips for mixins (see, I told you)

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare pan with some non-stick spray and parchment paper. *I use an 8 X 8 inch square pan. This makes THICK brownies, but I'm not mad about that, and when I asked my husband if he wanted me to put them in like a 13 X 9, he literally told me that was a stupid idea because he wanted chunky brownies, so here we are. You follow your heart. Obviously they'll cook faster in a 13 X 9, so there's that. 
2. Put 8 oz chocolate chips and butter in a heat-safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate and butter are just melted. Don't over-heat. If there's still a few lumps, just stir, and the residual heat will melt everything. 
3. Add sugars to the melted chocolate mixture and combine. This will help cool the chocolate off a little before you add the eggs.
4. Add eggs one at a time and mix well before adding the next. Add vanilla.
5. Add flour, cocoa powder, and salt to the bowl and mix well to combine. Don't worry about over-mixing here. 
6. Mix in your favorite brownie fixins- I just add more chocolate chips. I'm a purist. You could do nuts or other chocolate candies or really anything. 
7. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out kind of clean. This is such a personal preference. I err on the side of less done, but you know what you like. 
8. I would say allow to cool before eating, but let's be honest, no one will ever do that. I am pretty sure I burned my entire esophagus while eating these firey chunks of chocolate bliss. No regrets. I mean, minor regrets, but not much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gluten Free Brownies

This recipe is riffing off of a flourless chocolate cake recipe I have used in the past. So, like duh, it's already, gluten free, but I ...