Monday, December 9, 2019

Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread Cookies

These little babies are the most festive things ever, and they're not even trying! These cookies are a crumbly shortbread, that melts in your mouth, filled with salty pistachios and sweet chunks of dried cranberries. Optional, you can drizzle some chocolate on them, which I did, but it's totally not even necessary! Also, these are legit, the easiest recipe in the world.


For the Cookies:

1 c unsalted butter, room temp (2 sticks)
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 c chopped pistachios
1/2 c dried cranberries (I didn't really measure this, so this is my best estimate- it was roughly the same as the pistachios that I DID measure. I mostly just poured until it looked right).

1. Combine butter and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
2. Slowly add in salt and flour. The dough will look a little crumbly, but should stick together well when you press it with your hands.
3. Add in pistachios and cranberries and mix by hand so that you don't demolish the nuts and cranberries.
4. Turn out onto a clean, floured surface. Roll into a log. Wrap it in plastic wrap and set in the fridge for half an hour to an hour so that it firms up.
5. Preheat oven to 375F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Take out and slice into 1/3 - 1/2 inch slices. Place on baking sheet and baking for about 8 - 10 minutes, or until the edges just get slightly golden brown. **The second time I made these, I put too many fillings in (like that's even a thing), so when I cut the log, it crumbled. I just rolled them back into balls and flattened them. They were great still! They just needed a little more time in the oven because they were thicker. What I'm saying is, you can't mess these up!
7. Once cooled, you can also melt some dark and/or white chocolate, put it in a ziploc bag with the corner cut off, and drizzle to your heart's content!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gluten Free Brownies

This recipe is riffing off of a flourless chocolate cake recipe I have used in the past. So, like duh, it's already, gluten free, but I ...