Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Snickerdoodle Cookies




It's holiday season, y'all, so that means snickerdoodle. I actually made this recipe over the summer and never wrote the blog post and every time I go to make snickerdoodle, I'm like damnit, where did I put that recipe, so here we are. It's perfect timing to get this out to anyone who needs a little cinnamon sugar love this time of year. Answer: we all need it. All of us. 

This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies. 

For the cookies: 

1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp

1/2 c brown sugar

1/2 c granulated sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 c all-purpose flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

3/4 tsp cinnamon 

3/4 tsp salt

Cinnamon and sugar for rolling *I don't measure how much I put in a bowl.. I do like half a cup of sugar and maybe a tsp cinnamon? I just do it until I feel like I have enough cinnamon. Spoiler alert- a lot of cinnamon. 

1. In a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars. 

2. Add one egg at a time, mixing to incorporate. Add vanilla. 

3. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients- flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Slowly add to the wet ingredients and mix to combine. 

4. Allow dough to chill in fridge for about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350F.

5. Scoop into balls (I use an ice cream scoop, but a spoon is fine too); roll them in your hand to form a ball and roll them in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Bake for about 8 -12 minutes. *I find that a little underdone is better than overdone. 

6. Turn on some holiday music and drown your COVID Christmas sorrows in cinnamon and sugar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gluten Free Brownies

This recipe is riffing off of a flourless chocolate cake recipe I have used in the past. So, like duh, it's already, gluten free, but I ...