Sunday, March 6, 2022

Brown Butter Blondies

I have, what I believe to be, the perfect brownie recipe, but blondies have eluded me for a while. I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.. until I did find it. I did. This recipe is decadent. I mean nutty-butter forward chewy blondies. They're not the prettiest, but they sure know how to party. This recipe makes fatty blondies in an 8x8 or if you want to make them thinner, you could do a larger pan for less time. 

For the Blondies:

3/4 c butter, unsalted
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla 
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 c flour
1 tbsp malted milk powder *optional, but maybe it shouldn't be
4 oz Heath toffee bits *honestly though, anything could be good in this- butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, caramel bits. Pick your poison 

1. Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare a pan with cooking spray and parchment paper. I like a little overhang of parchment so it's easier to lift them out of the pan later. 
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter and continue cooking, stirring intermittently until butter starts to brown. You'll notice that the bubbles will start to dissipate a bit and the butter will start to smell a bit nutty. You'll see the brown flecks start to form.  
3. Pour butter into bowl with the sugars. Mix until combined and butter mixture is slightly cooled. 
4. Incorporate the eggs one at a time until combined. 
5. Add vanilla and salt. 
6. Incorporate flour and malted milk powder. 
7. Add in toffee bits.  
8. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 45 - 55 minutes. 
9. Allow to cool before removing from pan and slicing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gluten Free Brownies

This recipe is riffing off of a flourless chocolate cake recipe I have used in the past. So, like duh, it's already, gluten free, but I ...