Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Cinnamon Roll Cookies

Okay, so I have finally figured out the texture for cookies that I want. Thank you guys for following along with me as I stumble through this shit show of figuring out recipes! At least there's some deliciousness along the way. These cookies came about because I had cream cheese in the fridge and I wanted cream cheese frosting but wasn't feeling like committing to a cake or waiting like 8 hours for real cinnamon roll dough to rise. That's what happens. We call this inspiration. So, this recipe has a cinnamon cookie that is delightfully chewy with a swirl of cream cheese frosting, and it was exactly what I wanted it to be. This recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies.

For the Cookies:
1 c (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars.
3. Add one egg at a time, mixing to incorporate. Add vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients- flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Slowly add to the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
5. Allow dough to chill in fridge for about 30 minutes.
6. Scoop out balls and place onto cookie sheet. Bake 8 - 12 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. *mine took about 12, but my oven always tends to take longer*
7. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
For the Frosting:
4 tbsp (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temp
4 tbsp (1/2 box) cream cheese, room temp
2 c (ish) powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
*splash of milk to thin- this is optional, but I felt like it needed it so I could pipe. I actually used almond milk because that's all I had in my house at the time
*also optional, a pinch of cinnamon- I did this to boost the cinnamon roll vibe I was going for

1. In bowl of stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter and cream cheese.
2. Add in powdered sugar slowly, a little at a time.
3. Add in vanilla and salt.
4. If you want, add in cinnamon and the splash of milk.
5. Place in a piping bag and cut a small hole in the tip and pipe swirls on cookies starting from the center to resemble cinnamon rolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gluten Free Brownies

This recipe is riffing off of a flourless chocolate cake recipe I have used in the past. So, like duh, it's already, gluten free, but I ...